Decorating From the Heart

 


I believe we should have homes that are cozy, comfortable, and our own personal havens from the outside world. I also believe that you do not have to spend a fortune in order to achieve this goal. 

I have been married for over 28 years and we are just now starting to upgrade our furniture. When you are young and raising a family, especially on one income, a perfectly curated home is just not a priority.

But, I worked with what we had and what I gained inexpensively via hand-me-downs, secondhand shops, and dollar stores. I made it work because I decorated with what I loved and from my heart. 

Friends and family always commented on how cute my home was though I have no degree in interior decorating. I just wanted to make a comfy nest for my family. 

Other things you can do to help make your home more cozy and welcoming is to establish a regular cleaning routine to ensure the basics are done.  If your home feel suffocating, start clearing out the excess. 

Play soft music in the background instead of the tv. Dim the lights in the evening and light candles and turn on fairy lights (mini white Christmas lights). 

Have relaxing evening routines. Clean up the kitchen after dinner. Take a nice bath or shower then put on some comfy sleepwear. Read with a cup of cocoa. It's the little things that make life feel so grand. Taking a little extra time and paying attention to the details can take a little and turn it into an abundance. 

Let this be an encouragement to you today. You do not have the newest or best of everything to have a lovely home. You just have to decorate with your heart.

Tracy xoxo



Comments